måndag 8 november 2010

Enjoying whatever sun that is left..

It is important in Sweden to enjoy whatever sun you get for free. Yesterday the sun was shining and it was a good day to do the burning off calories outdoor. Here are some pictures on top of a hill that I used as my personal natural exercise machine.




The exercise was walking up and down the "hill of Hammarby" a couple of times. I can feel that there will be some swedes chuckling by my english translation of "Hammarbybacken". Some good tension is felt in the butt after doing 3*4,5-5 mins walking up on the hill in a fast speed.


Speaking of calories. Did you know peppers increases the metabolical ability? This is apparently a common knowledge. I am the type of guy who do not like to accept common knowledge pheonomenon as a truth. As such I needed to see a real good source as a proof of this. I mean someone must have done a scientifical valid experiment?


I found one test result at = http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/92/5/1089?maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=capsaicin&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT


Conclusion: After 1 mo of supplementation, dihydrocapsiate had a small thermogenic effect of {approx}50 kcal/d, which is in the range of day-to-day RMR variability. In which RMR is daily metabolic rate.



In this article = Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292: R77-R85, 2007. First published July 13, 2006; doi:10.1152/ajpregu.00832.2005 

Capsaicin has been shown to be effective, yet when it is used clinically it requires a strong compliance to a certain dosage, that has not been shown to be feasible yet."

 In this article = http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/1/45?maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=capsaicin&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT


Conclusions: Treatment with 6 mg/d capsinoids orally appeared to be safe and was associated with abdominal fat loss. Capsinoid ingestion was associated with an increase in fat oxidation that was nearly significant. We identified 2 common genetic variants that may be predictors of therapeutic response.

How much is 6 mg/day capsinoids? Good question, here the readers might be able to help.

I think I will stop here with this input. And let this be worked on as an issue further ahead in the future.

In my world, I do not care much about the effects from peppers on the weightloss. I have though a prejudice that some people are a bit too stressed from the norms of the culture and take whatever subject that have the keyword weight loss too seriously. That is sad. But it also a choice that we have to accept that other people make. What bothers me is that somewhere along the line, the truth were not as obvious as it seemed in the beginning.

  I am, as a human being, more curious of the reality and the truth. And wondered why had the effects of the peppers been exaggerated? Could it be that there are forces of greed that has labelled the effects of this lovely product? I do not know. What I do know though is that my weakness in life is my curiosity. A childs curiosity within a grown man. That, and peppers of course.

Yours respectfully,

Michael Salemsson

Inga kommentarer: